5 Reasons Why You Should Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned
Many homeowners are skeptical about cleaning their air ducts, asking, “Is it really necessary?” Though we might not think about them on a daily basis, the reality is that the air ducts in our home play an incredible role in our everyday lives. If you use central air conditioning or heating, then it’s crucial to ensure that the air ducts in your home are kept clean and intact.
Here are 5 reasons why:
- Reduce dust. Often times, there is substantial visible mold growth occurring inside the hard surface of air ducts. Mold can range from unnoticeable to deadly, so it’s crucial to ensure that mold isn’t growing in your air ducts. The moisture and condensation that occurs as various air temperatures mix and interact creates an atmosphere in air ducts that is sometimes favorable for mold growth. If you believe there’s mold in your air ducts, it’s important to have a professional air duct cleaner examine, diagnose, and treat the area.
- Eliminate rodents and bugs. The reality is that rodents and bugs love dark, small, and tight places. In other words, the air ducts in your home are a perfect place for these little creatures to gather, roam, and live. When these rodents die, they remain in your air ducts as air is circulated throughout your home. Hiring an air duct cleaning service will ensure that your air passageways are clear of unintended debris.
- Save money. Professional air duct cleaners don’t just clean the area, but they also inspect the quality of the structure as well. By discovering weaknesses in your air duct system, cleaners can suggest having areas, coils, or the central system replaced. According to studies by the EPA and NADCA, homeowners save an average of $400 per year on their electricity bill by following the advice given from a professional air duct service.
- Extend equipment life. As mold is removed and as weaknesses in the system are pointed out, you can strengthen the overall integrity of your structure. This extends the equipment life of your air ducts. Since 90 percent of system failures are caused by dirt and dust, you can keep your equipment working better for longer.
- Improved health quality. Because professional air cleaning services remove dust, pollutants, and rodents from air ducts, it improves the quality of air being circulated around your home. As the quality of air improves, so does your health!